FAST FASHION IS CREATING AN ENVIRONMENTAL CRISIS
Please add your thoughts to mine:
- Check out Zero Waste Daniel clothing line, that’s something
- If we could convince the fashion industry (the designers, manufacturers, advertisers, and merchants that it is enduringly fashionable and cool to reuse and repurpose clothes, then we’ve gotten somewhere.
- Likewise, fast fashion must become a taboo, uncool, unfashionable, and shameworthy.
- If fast fashion were unfashionable, people would not buy it.
- Another idea is to create LASTING demand and desire for clothing that is both recyclable/biodegradable and manufactured from post consumer waste.
- Companies like Teeki, Rumi, Rothy’s and even Adidas are already doing this.
- What needs to happen is for this manufacturing method to become the standard instead of specialty items.
- Another idea is to create a demand for these discarded clothes as a valuable commodity. If manufacturers needed these items to repurpose them for thins like creating other clothes, home insulation, or other repurposing products, then collection systems would be created and people would be incentivized not to create garbage with their old clothes, buy to submit them to the supply line.
Thoughts about problems and solutions to littering
Project PUT: Pick Up Trash on Facebook:
Project PUT: Pick Up Trash on Pinterest:
Project PUT: Pick Up Trash Blog:
Project PUT: Pick Up Trash Online:
Project PUT: Pick Up Trash on Twitter