The Project PUT Litter Reformation Act
The Project PUT Litter Reformation Act states:
- Litter is intolerable and inexcusable.
- The act of littering is morally reprehensible; environmentally, socially and aesthetically destructive; and inconsiderate of others.
- Each person should retain possession of and responsibility for their refuse until such time as they can dispose of the trash in the recycle or a designated trash receptacle.
- Recyclable trash should be put in the recycle.
- Non-recyclable trash should be put into a designated trash receptacle.
- Every locality should stock their communities with easily accessible (and regularly maintained) trash and recycle containers and broadcast messages that littering is not acceptable and that citizens should take action and responsibility to create and maintain trash-free communities by Picking Up Trash when they see it and by not littering in the first place.
- Businesses and endeavors that create materials that become littler should make every effort to decrease waste. Businesses and endeavors should make materials that become litter biodegradable and comprised of as much post-consumer waste as possible. Businesses and endeavors should ask their consumers NOT to litter and to take responsibility for proper disposal of waste materials.
Solidarity Through Song
Sing Project PUT Theme Song with Eloise and Emily
THE PROJECT PUT THEME SONG: THIS LAND FOR YOU AND ME
Sing to the Tune of AMERICA: MY COUNTRY ‘TIS OF THEE
Words by Eloise and her mom Emily
This land for you and me
Protect its beauty
With Project PUT
Pick Up Trash you see
It’s simple as can be
Let’s make nature garbage free
And improve the world
- We live in a beautiful and vibrant community, but trash, garbage and litter are ugly and inexcusable and the act of littering eats away at the precious social fabric that binds us all together because it is evidence of disrespect for others, the community, and the environment.
- Litter degrades communities.
- Litter is destructive to the social and environmental fabric of our communities.
Take the Project PUT Pledge and Become a Member of Project PUT
PROJECT PUT ACTION IDEAS
PROJECT PUT PERCEPTIONS
PROJECT PUT LITTER REFORMATION ACT